If you suffer from persistent or recurring back pain, physical therapy may provide the relief you are seeking. Back pain may result from injury, illness, stress, or strain. Regardless of the cause, a physical therapy regimen under the guidance of a licensed physical therapist can ease the pain and restore balance and stability. Search for “physical therapy near me” to find the appropriate PT for your needs.
Strengthen Your Back Muscles
Did you know that with 15 minutes of exercise a day, you can strengthen your back muscles? Strong back muscles are less likely to strain with your daily tasks and are better able to support all your physical activities internet chicks. Your physical therapist may teach you some of the following exercises:
- Bridges – Lie on your back on the floor. Put your feet flat on the floor and lift your hips toward the ceiling. Hold for 30 seconds and then lower.
- Bird-Dog – Get on your hands and knees on the floor. Lift your left leg and stretch it back while simultaneously stretching your right hand forward. Repeat, alternating sides.
- Toe touches – Stand tall with your arms stretched overhead. Bend forward, hingeing at the waist, with your arms reaching for your toes. Slowly stand back up. Repeat.
- Knee-to-chest stretch – Lie on your back on the floor with your knees bent. Your feet should be flat on the floor. Use both hands to pull one knee to your chest and hold for five seconds. Return your foot to the floor. Repeat, alternating sides.
These are just a few of the exercises physical therapy in Murrieta may teach you. You will receive a treatment plan designed for your specific condition with goals tailored to your needs.
Regain Motion and Flexibility
Back pain can severely curtail activities. It is typically accompanied by a reduced range of motion and flexibility. This in turn will impact your quality of life. To recover the flexibility and movement you have lost, try physical therapy.
Your PT can teach you exercises that strengthen your core, retrain your posture, and help you perform specific tasks differently for better bodily function. To ascertain what exercises will most benefit you internetchicks, your PT may assess the following:
- How you use your body in a variety of situations
- The quality and quantity of your movements
- The severity of your pain and how often it recurs
- Your health history
- What you eat and when you eat
- Your mental state and overall mood
With all this information at hand, you can rest assured that physical therapy Vista CA will be able to build a treatment plan for you.
Remember, when it comes to exercises, you get out of it what you put in. Be prepared to continue the PT plan when your sessions at the therapy center are over. Think of it as a permanent life change as opposed to a temporary deviation. With your determination and willingness to work combined with a licensed physical therapist near you, your back pain can become a thing of the past.